Friday, February 25, 2011

Public Relations, Coaching...Who Said Life Was An Easy Decision?

I am really busy right now, but apparently I'm not busy to blog my thoughts for this month at this time. It is Friday. It is raining, and it is wet outside. Rain is one thing, but raining on snow from a previous storm is not so great.

I am feeling just about the same as the weather right now, which is "crappy." The word, "crappy," I believe could be defined as "not feeling so great." So, where am I going with this message?

In less than three months, I must decide what I will be doing to improve my outlook for finding a job by graduation time in December. The Washington Center in Washington, D.C. is a large hub of job-hunting, money-thirsty internship placement giants who help college students discover employers who offer excellent career experience opportunities. These people also help you learn what to expect in your career field and help you prepare for all of it with intense training in the resume-building, portfolio-collecting stages. I really want this opportunity!

I have to get everything arranged before the summer quarter deadline: Friday, March 11. That date is during Spring Break and I think I can handle getting everything completed by then. The financial cost is another concern, but I have faith that everything will manage itself well.

Aside from class assignments, I'm still "plugging away," sending my resumes and cover letters to employers and following up with them, in order to see if they have the least bit of interest in "what I got to sell to them."

If I step back for a second, away from the craziness, and look to see where I am in my life right now--I think I'm doing pretty awesome!

I'm tackling leadership skills, problem solving skills, critical analysis skills, writing skills, management skills, giving great advice, helping others achieve and much more. Do I deserve a huge "pat on the back?" Maybe. Probably. Who knows what will happen to me with my strong steps towards success.

There is one person who is rewarding as I continue on my path towards receiving my first job and state of independence--God. He is AWESOME!!! Always believe that He is doing AMAZING things in life, even when you feel like "crap." Believe in Him.

That's all I have for the month of February. This weekend is the PSAC Indoor Track & Field Conference Championships. Let's go-go-Golden Eagles! AND...because I'm faithful..let's go ROCK!! Cheering for both teams this weekend (How did I get caught in this rivalry mess? Ha ha.).

See you in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment