Monday, September 19, 2011

Wright-er's Block

In less than three months, I will have completed my Master's degree in communication and have graduated from Clarion University of Pennsylvania.

So what? Now what?

I cannot express to you how many times I've asked myself where my motivation is and what my motivation is from before.

This is it, though. No more second-guessing, right? Wrong.

I have, what I'd like to call, in order to personalize my situation, "Wright-er's Block." This is a term for how much I have lost sense, or lost depth perception of where I belong in the "real world" with a career in communication...no--athletic coaching. Ahh!

There is something I especially like in public relations, but I cannot perform that skill...or can I?

Living in your mid-20s is not a picnic. I hope that I figure out my future before the future figures me out. What about my past? The runner.

I am very passionate about distance running...or am I? I spent 15 years as a student-athlete, a runner, Now, I cannot even run. I would like to walk without thinking about how I shift my weight on my knees.

Should I ignore my running past? Never. I embrace it. I embrace it with interest, knowledge and eagerness to learn more about the sport.

There is a small passion of mine to interact and counsel athletes in the sport of track and field. I would really like to continue with coaching, but I cannot forsake the years I've spent gaining an education towards earning a job, a career, in communication or public relations.

In the past year, I've spent much time working to provide Clarion University PRSSA with the best possible experiences. I have connected very well with many Clarion University students and I really appreciate the opportunity. Therefore, will I find my future from work with PRSSA? Come mid-October 2011, I may be able to answer that question.

I will be attending the annual PRSSA National Conference in Orlando, Fla., and I hope to find a lead from social networking with PR professionals and students. I am very excited about learning all of what PRSSANC has to offer! However, where is the answer to my "Wright-er's Block" with PRSSANC?

Is it the joy from the people you meet who inspire you to communicate? Why do you do the things you do? Are you happy with what you have right now?

Give me another 12 weeks and four days, and I'll let you know then. ;-)

My "Wright-er's Block" may be broken if I continue to be myself, act professionally, and just have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment